Tuesday 13 August 2013

Beads and Bright Ideas


So for those of you who have been following me on Twitter @CiCiJewels, you will know that the next creative step that I am going to take involves beginning to make my own jewellery. I love African style necklaces and bright beading on all the jewellery that I own and sometimes find it hard to find really unique pieces. I know this seems to be the "style at the minute" but I need to be able to have this style of jewellery even when the high streets don't sell it anymore. Therefore the best solution is to explore my own creativity and make my own.  The past few weeks I have been doing lots of research in local fabric and charity shops to find ideal pieces and supplies to start but nothing seems to popping out at me. Until I discovered Esty . This is a great website where you can not only pick up supplies at fantastic prices, but some really amazing pieces of jewellery are available to buy also.  

The bigger the design and the beads the better. I enjoy big rings and an even bigger statement necklace, and after scouring Pinterest for some amazing photos of the kind of pieces I am only dying to create, the following are a few that I think some of you may appreciate. 








If anyone has any suggestions as to other sites who can provide similar stones, gems or supplies for jewellery making please get in touch. 


Love C X 



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! this looks amazing!

    http://bellefbeauty.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete