Tuesday 31 December 2013

These are a few of my favorite things , 2013


 


To sum up 2013 in a few words can be tough but I only need one; change. Finishing college, finding a new job, making some big decisions regarding travelling, friends and a career, its been stressful but now has led to a very confident and positive  mind set for 2014. This is not something that I tend to do, look back on the year and highlight my favorite moments, styles or purchases but for the purpose of this blog I am giving it a go (this blog has been the biggest highlight of 2013 personally). So here we go....

Feeling the free love: Kimono's 


Discovering your own style is something that can absolutely take years, particularly to perfect. In my time I have tried to experiment with as many styles, looks, prints etc, as I could to determine what I am most comfortable in and find out what I REALLY wanted to wear. As a women, clothes are such a personal aspect of your personality and this has taken me a really long time to completely understand. Thankfully, I unveiled certain aspects of this in 2013. Boho is an area that completely grabbed my fashion attention this year and really felt myself when dressed in this style. Investing in good clothes is something I took seriously also and I bought a few kimonos that will 100% see me right through to 2015. Paired with skinny jeans, ankle platform shoes and a fedora and I'm sold. 

She's The Man: Masculine Tailoring 


Back in September I sat down one day to write up a post and blank, nothing came to mind. So I left it for a few hours and revisited the topic later in the day. I've always wanted to write about styles and trends that I love and want to wear but for some reason, just could not reflect it on that day. So like always when I am looking for inspiration for anything, I turn to Pinterest! My style board is my pride and joy, so while browsing this folder I realized the pure beauty of clean cut tailoring. This has reflected in my work so much but I had never realized. So the topic for the post was born but little did I know that this not only became a style focus for me personally from that day on but it also was Factory F's most popular post of 2013. This is also one of my favorites from the bunch, just in case you missed it Girl Meets Boy.



Bring the Bitching: The Face 



Every so often a TV show comes along that grabs my attention, all of it. 2013 was no different but this time it was in the form of Naomi Campbell s bitchy back slaps, wanting to be Erin O' Connors best friend and having my fingers crossed that Caroline Winbergs team loose, yes that's right, it was The Face. Every Monday evening I was hooked and just couldn't bring myself to miss it. The platform is a mix between The X Factor meets Americas Next Top Model. The American series (which will also feature Naomi Campbell) airs in January so if you haven't had a chance to see any of it here's your chance. 

Music to my Ears: Spotify 


Starting life as a grown up means that I had to take that leap and find full time work, sad face! But this has meant that I can now afford to pay for Spotify Premium now, happy face! Finding new music has really never been so easy and as I write this I am listening to Dry The River, a brilliant band that I discovered on the website. It has been a great year for music but a handful of albums had me playing them on repeat over the past few months.

Lorde: Pure Heroine
The 1975: The 1975
MS MR: Secondhand Rapture
Chvrches: The Bones of What You Believe
Artic Monkeys: AM
 James Arthur: James Arthur
Grimes: Visions
Fleetwood Mac: Rumours
Hozier: Take me to Church

All amazing albums which I highly recommend anyone to get their hands on. A little old school with Fleetwood Mac but one of the highlights of my year was going to see them in Paris in October and the love rekindled. I'm hoping 2014 brings another year of great music and live gigs, so far I have tickets for The 1975 in February and One Direction in May (Well I have eyes)!  My sights are set on Hozier having a massive year and I cannot wait for his debut album. 

Discovery is an art: Factory F & Your Style Forecast 



This year I took a massive step in achieving personal ambitions and started this blog. I am
fully aware of how cheesy that sounds but it's true. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to write and work in fashion, and if this year has proved anything for me is that it is up to me to make that happen. After about a month of writing I was asked to start contributing to Your Style Forecast, which has been going brilliantly. While saving to move away this has allowed me to gain more experience in a field where I wish to work, it's perfect. To be paid for doing this is the dream! At first it can be really hard to tell people what you are doing and why you want to do it (it took me ages to tell people) but once I did they were all very supportive and encouraging, which definitely helps your confidence going forward. One of my biggest resolutions/hopes for 2014 is to give Factory F and Your Style Forecast 110%. Hopefully others will enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy writing it.

Read my lips: MAC Media & Clinique "Stay Matte" 



Finding make up that suits your skin tone and style can be a challenge but it can also be lots of fun; experimenting with colours, products, layout, it's all in the name of beauty. There are a few beauty discoveries I made in 2013; Clinique "Stay Matte" in my best foundation friend and an oxblood lip is much more appealing than the classic red. The later statement is not so much of a discovery than a re-defined statement but once the perfect shade is found than it is a whole different ball game altogether. MAC Media to sum up in a shade is gothic deep purple with a hint of burgundy. Surprising, it goes with everything as well! Therefore it is an investment, no? Well, I tried. But I have been converted and I now see the light. My personal beauty discover has been that the red lip doesn't appeal/suit me the way it does others and I am not bitter about this at all because I honestly believe that I am on to something good here. Here's to experimenting with more oxblood shades in 2014!






Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

Love C X 

No comments:

Post a Comment