Thursday 24 July 2014

The Fresh Approach


This is an unusual post for me and for Factory F because it's very rare that I steer from the topic of fashion or beauty, but there is a first for everything. For those of you who know me well, "healthy-eater" would not be a phrase that springs to mind when describing my eating habits. Completely fair! During summer though I do really try to make an effort when it comes to eating more fruit (even though I'm still craving chocolate all the time) and it seems this summer has been my most successful to date... WooHoo :) 

By sticking to fruits that I have a taste for; strawberries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, and adding some natural yogurt, I've been turning them into smoothies. I'm also the type of person who will take the extra ten minutes in bed in the morning when possible, so making myself get up  extra early to make them takes a lot of commitment for me. It's all about routine I suppose. But the most exciting aspect fo this new fruit craze is the affect it has on my skin. I've always been someone who has suffered with bad skin as a teenager and thankfully, this phased did pass with no scaring at all but I do become self conscious at times when I do break out. Fresh, clear skin has been something I think everyone wishes for and who thought  it could begin with fresh fruit!!! I know, I should have started listening to my mother a long time ago. 


I've also stepped up my game big time in relation to skin care, investing heavily on moisturizers has been a god sent! It's an age old debate; does the results  of a product reflect the price we pay? My conclusion has somewhat shifted recently, I used to say no but I think ,in actual fact, it does. My mum has always bought the absolute best skin care for herself and I would often sneak some off  her. Why? Because I always thought my skin felt better for it! I was lucky enough to receive some Molton Brown Creole  Grass Anti-Ageing Hydra-Crémeskin care a few months ago and all I can say is, OH MY GOD! My skin has never felt or looked so fresh. No honestly, it hasn't. I exfoliate my skin once a week but this range just gave me that extra lease of life. 



Exercise isn't something I love to do, actually I never really do it! But I balance that through watching what I eat.... and dancing. I dance a lot in my room :) I'm really enjoying this extra burst of energy from a change in diet, but it has been as a result of improved skin cream. Recently I also tried Estee Lauder day wear moisturiser, and again just as amazing. I have to admit that I do prefer Molton Brown but I find it hard to give £65 for it, so I'm trying to find creams that will give me as similar result at a lower price. 


The weather has been so beautiful in London the past few weeks that it's been hard to wear clothes! I've been trying to hold back on/limit the amount of make up that I wear, which isn't so fun but the sweaty look isn't so hot either. Summer is a great time to strip back and go for a natural approach to styling and beauty. Personally, as a very pale Irish girl who doesn't tan and only ever burns, I would say I'm a winter girl at heart but I'm trying my best to embrace it because all my favorite clothes are summer based; kimonos and dresses, shorts!! I don't like tights :( 

But on  the bright side to skipping make up on the odd day is that it has also boosted the life in my skin #Result 


Love C X 








No comments:

Post a Comment