Thursday 7 November 2013

Full Tweed Ahead

In my last post I spoke about Tartan and how each season the infamous print reappears throughout stores, magazines and editorials on a global level (Clash of the Tartans). Another vintage rebirth has taken place with the explosion of Granny Chic, reinforcing tweed as "back with a bang". Winter 2013 invites another dimension to the classic look with the "berry" approach. Warm and rich tones are a given in the harsher crisp months and this subconsciously forces us to to reach for red, olive and maroon shades. 





It wasn't until I sat down to write this post that I realised how much tweed I have actually bought over the past few weeks (particularly in grey); two coats, shoes, bag and dress. Most of these items are from Penneys/Primark purely because of its incredible value and the stock has significantly improved over the years. Some items are practically identical to stock in shops such as River Island, Warehouse, Topshop, and at just a fraction of the price. If you are going to invest in any tweed piece this winter I would recommend a coat, I did and I am so happy that I did. I got mine from Penneys for 25 Euro and is featured below. Another beautiful tweed coat that I would recommend is from Oasis, also featured below and priced at 79 Euro.





The best thing about investing in tweed staples is that they are items which can be worn repeatedly over the next few years. I'm obsessing over this look at the minute and keep an eye on my Instagram account for images of my latest tweed pieces @CiCiJewels .









Love C X 

No comments:

Post a Comment