Monday 21 October 2013

In The Shadows: Sephora





When it comes to beauty and make up "looks", I always tend to go for a dramatic eye and a soft lip. Therefore when it comes to investing in eye shadows I try to buy palettes as they are just a lot better value for money, and it is also a great way of experimenting different colours. As I have told you guys already, I was recently in Paris and while shopping over there I bought lots of make up in Sephora on the Champs Elysee. One item in particular I have not stopped using since I came home and thought it was only appropriate that I covered a post on it, and that is the Nude "IT" Eye Shadow Palette. 







This palette is made up of ; 7 eye shadows varying between tones of gold and brown; a base shadow which acts as a lid primer; two highlighter shadows to apply after the initial shadow colouring has been set; two eye liner shadows (brown and a darker shade of brown); a contour eyeliner pencil; a 2-in-1 brush acting as an all over shadow brush and an eyeliner brush. The set comes with a sheet which explains each of the shadows and what part of the eye they are to be applied to, and I could not believe that it cost only 30Euro. I thought this may be a special offer, but I have since checked the Sephora website and this is the retail price and it is not a sale item. 


As Sephora is not available in any of the shops near me I was not expecting to stock up on as much products from the brand that I did. In the end I ended up buying powder, cheek highlighter, lipstick, lip gloss, the eye shadow palette and a few more shadows. I have gradually been testing them over the past week or so, and I am now converted! The eye shadows have stayed in place all day and no smudging what so ever, which can sometimes be a big problem when wearing shadows all day. I have never been the type of person who has used eye lid primer either but after using the one in the set Ican completely see why people invest. I am not going to go into detail about the other products from Sephora as I want to stay focused on this particular palette but I will say this, I bought four lipsticks and I wish I had bought more. 




Seeing as beauty is not particularly my area of expertise, I wouldn't  feel comfortable yet giving any tutorial about how to achieve this look as seen above. But this is an image that I have gained inspiration from when applying nude eye shadows, and with this palette you will definitely be ably to re-create the look. Maybe in the future I will start tutorials but not for the moment anyway.


Love C X 


No comments:

Post a Comment